Saturday, February 23, 2013

Which Path??

As long as I live, I think there will always be one thing I never understand.  I will never understand how you can have such an amazing day, feeling full of the love of Jesus, walking in the power of the Holy Spirit, excited for what the Lord has for you, worship and praise Him at church...and then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, you want to hide.  You want everyone to leave you alone.  You want to move to the middle of nowhere Vermont and become a hermit.  I will never understand how this can happen so quickly.  Of all the things that Jesus has helped me overcome, this is one thing that I still struggle with.  I don't know what it is.  Maybe it's because I plain and simply do not like a lack of peace.  Maybe it's because I don't like dischord.  Or a lack of harmony.  All I know is, it somehow still seems to happen with me far more often than I would like.  It's that moment...that moment that I have to decide...do I bow down to the feelings and let them overtake me, or do I turn away, rejecting those things that I KNOW are not from the Lord and focus again on Him and let His joy fill me?  The only other thing I know is that it is my choice what I decide to do.  The Lord puts the choice before me, and from that point on, it's my choice. 

We can choose to love or to hate.  We can choose to forgive or hold a grudge.  We can choose to bow down to every feeling that comes our way, or we can choose to resist those feelings we know are not from God.  But it is ultimately our choice.  Our parents can't make us decide, friends can't, and the Lord Himself does not make us decide.  It's up to us.  Which path will you take?

I think I know what I'll choose.

In Christ,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment