Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Our Plans, His Plans...

Today was kind-of rough.

Maybe a little better than yesterday, but still kind-of rough. 

The flu? Not part of my plan.  Staying home from work for probably 3 days? Also not part of my plan.  Saying stupid things to people? Not part of my plan.  I have learned that rarely in life do things go how we want them to or how we plan them to.

But yes, of course, there I went...saying dumb things.  And afterwards, I felt no end to the amount of guilt.  It was done though, and I couldn't take it back.  Why do I do things I don't want to do, and fail to do things I want to do?  Because I'm a sinful person who is only saved by the grace of Christ.  He makes everything new, and better in His way and time.  I trust that's what He will do here. 

In the meantime, I need to lean on Him more and be more careful about what I say.  I need more of Him, more of His grace, more of His Word...simplicity and quiet. 

19 years ago today, my entire world was changed.  My life over the last 19 years has not been at all what I had planned.  However, I have discovered that often times, the things I thought I wanted, and all the wonderful "plans" I had made were not what would have been best for me after all.  God's plans are better than ours.

So to my dad - who I have been blessed with over these last 19 years...I love you.  You are an example of how we should all live our lives...grateful, humble, loving others, being kind to others...man I hope I can be more like that.  Because there are so many times that I am not.  Thank you for all you have done for me, all you have taught me...I still have so much to learn...

In Christ,
Meg

 

No comments:

Post a Comment