Friday, February 22, 2013

Mush

I'm not really sure what the Holy Spirit did to me today, but it was clearly something. 

I'm mush.  Total mush.  He made my heart into one great big pile of mushiness, just as mushy and soft as melting snow.  He totally broke my heart for people once again.  All I wanted to do was sit in my chair and cry for an hour tonight over people.  Just cry and cry...

I still have had my ups and downs with the make up thing.  But it's slowly becoming less and less.  Today, all I could think was, "Can I just wear it tomorrow?! I don't want people to see me without it!"  But I won't do it.  I'll stick to what I feel I'm supposed to do.  However, as I said before, the Lord is making me focus more on OTHERS, and less on me.  To realize that Jesus ultimately thinks I'm beautiful and that a beautiful heart is far more valuable to Him.  I hope He totally breaks me of this feeling the need to wear it so people will think I'm beautiful.  I'd rather have people see a beautiful heart that Jesus changed...make up or not... 

I feel filled with this love that could only come from the Lord, and I am so grateful for that.  If that's all He accomplishes with this, that will be enough for me...

In Christ,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment