Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Journey...

The Lord asked me to do something that is going to be a bit hard for me.  He asked me to not wear make up during Lent. 

Trust me, I know how this sounds.  It sounds really vain.  It is.  That's probably why He asked me to give it up.  To humble me.  I could use more humility, trust me. 

I started it this past weekend.  I didn't quit the make-up the first day of Lent, even though I could kind-of tell the Lord wanted me to do something like that.  I am ashamed to say I sort-of ignored it.  But as the first few days went on, I felt more and more that I needed to do this. 

I have had all sorts of interesting thoughts in my mind over the last few days.  At first, all I could do was sit there and think to myself, "oh my gosh, what are people thinking of me?" And other things like, "They are probably thinking that I'm not very pretty." Yes ladies and gentlemen, these are some thoughts I had.  No joke.  I was very self-conscious about it. 

Today, some of the kids have commented...one of them told me I looked tired. Ha! Another one told me I looked different. This should be a good experience for me. Especially because I think I tend to "hide" behind the make up. I honestly feel "naked" without it. Plus, it probably makes me look like I'm about 18. HAHA!!

So, I decided something...that will be the focus of my Lenten journey.  I will try to blog as often as I can about it, and be very real with it...and also try to focus on being beautiful on the inside...which is far more important.  "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight." ~1 Peter 3:3-4.  I just want the Lord to grow more of His character in me and not care so much about external things...so here we go!!!

                                                                 No make-up!!!
In Christ,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment