Sunday, February 24, 2013

Shock of the day.....

Something amazing happened today.  I finally came to the realization that I am not ugly without make up.  I am not saying this in a conceited way.  I'm not saying I'm the most beautiful girl in the world, because I honestly don't think that.  I'm just average.  But I was just surprised that I felt this way.  I had this strange feeling it would take the Lord almost the whole time of Lent to get me past this idea that without make-up, I am ugly.  So the fact that I felt that maybe I'm not ugly without it after only a week was rather surprising. 

A few years ago, every time I would look in the mirror, I would hear You are beautiful. or You are stunning.  I kind-of began to freak out.  Was this ME thinking this?! If that was me thinking that I don't want to think things like that!!  How conceited is that?!?  I didn't want to have some strange sense of security and act all pompous about something that is totally stupid.  I started asking the Lord about it, and that's when He showed me that it was Him saying that to me.  He was telling me what He thinks of me.  I just didn't believe it. 

Stripping myself of that false sense of security has actually been good for me so far.  It has made me get my security from Him.  Not from outward things. 

I probably will never see exactly what He sees in me, but that's ok.  I'm completely content with things right now.  More so than I ever thought I could be. 

In Christ,
Meg

 

No comments:

Post a Comment