Monday, June 3, 2013

Thoughts on a Wedding

I used to have this idea in my mind as to what a wedding should be like.

Then I got all "wedding-ed out".  And my thoughts have changed... (and these are just my thoughts...my opinions....)

It's all about Christ. Not about the people getting married. After all, He brought you together, so it should be about Him.

1 Corinthians 13 is considered the typical wedding verse...I think 2 Thessalonians 3:3... or Philippians 2: 1-4...or Colossians 3:12-17...are far better...

Boquet and garter toss? No. Thank. You.

Can everyone please not look at me for too long, as I really do not want to be the center of attention.

The train on the wedding dress must go...or I'm gonna trip...but maybe I can endure it for the ceremony...

No dance, please.  No speeches either, please.  And for sure, NO WEDDING SHOWERS!!!!!!

Just simple, quiet, beautiful yet humble...focused on Jesus....that sounds great....

Or...

we could ELOPE...

In Christ,
Meg
 

1 comment:

  1. megan, is there something you would like to share?!?!

    ReplyDelete